That’s right, the newly revealed evolved form of one of the Generation 6 fossil Pokémon is the Pokémon of the Week – mainly because I’ve always wanted a T-Rex Pokémon and this guy/gal is just too badass to not be Pokémon of the Week. If you disagree let me know why in the comments.
Tyrantrum, and it’s pre-evolution Tyrunt, has a typing of Rock/Dragon (this line is the only Rock/Dragon typing) and appears to be a formidable Pokémon. There is not much known about Tyrantrum yet, but we can deduce a few things. Since it’s so large and is obviously modeled after a Tyrannosaurus Rex, it will likely be a ponderous creature (slower speed) and more attack-oriented Pokémon (Outrage spam, anyone?). Why do I think it’ll be attack-oriented versus special attack-oriented? Because it’s a T-Rex Rock/Dragon that’s why! Rock is primarily an attack-oriented type, and I believe ‘Power Gem’ is the only special Rock type attack. It will likely be able to learn Dragon-type special moves (Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, etc.), but it will be in your interest to only use attacking moves.
As always I include artwork from an artist from on deviantARt. The artwork always belongs to THE ARTIST! This week’s artwork is by Toxicroak (Check out their other work please!).
What’s your opinion on this new Generation 6 Pokémon? And what will your team look like in Pokémon X and/or Y?
Here’s mine so far (with their starting evolution point):
- Tyrunt (though likely later in the game)
- Torchic (until I find a better replacement)
Thanks for reading.
- More News on Aurorus and Tyrantrum (meowinpokemons.wordpress.com)
- New Fossil Pokémon Evolutions + Additional Details Regarding Pokémon X & Y (jygersrant.wordpress.com)
- New Fossil Pokémon Evolutions + Additional Details Regarding Pokémon X & Y (ghostflow3rs.wordpress.com)
- Pokémon of the Week: Houndoom! (chwomp.wordpress.com)
- Pokémon Of The Week: Charizard (chwomp.wordpress.com)
- Prehistoric Update: The Fossils from X and Y and additional news (floridagamerss.wordpress.com)