I apologize for not posting ‘Pokémon of the Week’ last week. Just been busy with life and all of its hazards.
This week’s ‘Pokémon of the Week’ is Eevee, which was suggested by mk109 (check out their blog!).
Eevee is a unique Pokémon for eight reasons, but we’ll get to that in a minute. Eevee is a normal type Pokémon, which means it has a weakness to fighting type moves, and an immunity to ghost type moves. It can learn a slew of normal type moves, which are not that great of moves. Even Eevee’s egg moves are subpar at best moves, but the moves Eevee can use are not important to Eevee at all. Eevee is a cute little Pokémon that would make a tremendous pet in the Pokémon universe or ours.
What is unique about Eevee, other than the aforementioned eight reasons, is that (up until Generation Five) you could not catch an Eevee in the wild – Castelia Park Black 2 & White 2. Eevee can normally only be ‘found’ as a gift, bought at the game corner in Gold and Silver (and their remakes), or bred from Eevee (or its evolutions). In Generation six, Eevee can be found in the wild on route 10. I made sure to snag one before I moved on in the game!
Here is a brief description of Eevee from Bulbapedia:
Eevee is a mammalian, quadruped creature with primarily brown fur. The tip of its bushy tail and its large furry collar are cream-colored. It has short, slender legs with three small toes and a pink paw pad on each foot. Eevee has brown eyes, long pointed ears, and a small black nose. This Pokémon is rarely found in the wild, and is mostly only found in cities and towns. However, Eevee is said to have an irregularly shaped genetic structure that allows it to adapt to many different kinds of environments. Eventually, Eevee may evolve to better suit its surroundings. According toPokémon Mystery Dungeon, Eevee has a naive personality. This means that it is childlike, playful, and friendly.
‘Eevee may evolve to better suit its surroundings.’ Hmm. Guess I should not hold it off any longer considering it is the most important part of Eevee. Eevee can evolve into eight different Pokémon, by far more than any other Pokémon. Each evolution is unique as well. Here are Eevee’s eight possible evolutions and how it evolves into that particular Pokémon (from Bulbapedia):
- Vaporeon when exposed to a Water Stone.
- Jolteon when exposed to a Thunder Stone.
- Flareon when exposed to a Fire Stone.
- Espeon when leveled up with high friendship during the daytime, includingmorning (Generation II onward, excludes areas with a Moss Rock or Ice Rock), or when leveled up with a Sun Shard in the Bag.
- Umbreon when leveled up with high friendship during the nighttime (Generation IIonward, excludes areas with a Moss Rock or Ice Rock), or when leveled up with a Moon Shard in the Bag.
- Leafeon when leveled up near a Moss Rock (Generation IV onward).
- Glaceon when leveled up near an Ice Rock (Generation IV onward).
- Sylveon when leveled up with a Fairy-type move and 2 Affection hearts inPokémon-Amie (Generation VI onward, excludes areas with a Moss Rock or Ice Rock).
Each evolution is a single type , and the only types remaining to become an ‘Eeveelution’ are:
- And technically an Eeveelution that is Normal (think of just a bigger Eevee if this were to happen)
- It is not a type, but there is not a ‘Mega Evolution’ of Eevee (or any of its evolutions)
With the reveal of Sylveon (fairy type), many Pokémon fans speculated that there would be another new Eeveelution that would be paired with Sylveon since Eeveelutions (aside from the original three) came in pairs. Alas, Sylveon is the only Eeveelution in Generation Six and is the only new evolution for a previous generation Pokémon!
As usual I include artwork from deviantArt and remember it is all their credit. This week its The-pink-vodka (CHECK OUT THEIR PAGE!) with an adorable painting of Eevee and Pikachu!
Thanks for reading! I appreciate it. Tell all your Pokémon loving friends!
If you have any requests for Pokémon of the Week that have not been used let please let me know in the comments section!
- Eevee (focus54555.wordpress.com)
- Sylveon (fujitafuuka.wordpress.com)
- Pokemon Platinum – 31 May 2013 (darknessrain.wordpress.com)
- Pokemon X and Y Review (virtuahookshot.wordpress.com)
- Pokémon of the Week: Mewtwo! (chwomp.wordpress.com)
- Pokémon of the Week: Mew! (chwomp.wordpress.com)
- Wonder Trade: Froakie 0-1 IVs done (pokegenics.wordpress.com)